Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lily Colleen McManus Is Here





Lily arrived Monday evening, January 4th at 10:28 weighing in at 6 pounds and 8 ounces. We were scheduled to start induction beginning Monday evening but our baby wanted to make sure her grand entrance was on her due date. My water broke very early Monday morning and we arrived at CHOP by 3 a.m. Lily was born at 10:28 Monday evening. She gave us quite a scare with the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck twice but her neonatal team was right there to take over. Currently she is stable and in the CICU- the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. We are waiting to see what day her open heart surgery will be scheduled. We still have not held her but are anxiously awaiting that moment.

The stars certainly aligned yesterday for us. To begin with my water broke on the day of my scheduled induction which was my due date. Only 5% of babies are born on their due dates, Lily and myself both hitting this stat. The staff at the Special Delivery Unit is just amazing and we can't praise them enough for their talent, dedication, and professionalism. When we checked in we learned that Dr. Zachian was the obstetrician on call. He is my close friend Jane's ob and delivered her daughter 16 years ago. My ob at Pennsylvania Hospital was his resident a few years ago too. This was a good sign for us. Then we meet our midwife whose name happens to be Lilly. Our private nurse is JoAnne which is Lee's mother's name. When it comes time for my epidural the anesthesiologist's first name is Leo, Lee's real first name. When the team of neonatologists and nurses came for the baby the head doctor looked identical to a colleague of mine from Council Rock, Keith Wigglesworth. Then he proceeds to tell us that his eldest daughter's name is Lily. Finally, Lily made her appearance at 10:28 p.m. with 10 being my college lacrosse number at Fairfield University and 28 being Lee's lacrosse number at Loyola College. We felt like everything just worked out beautifully for our daughter and couldn't be happier.

17 comments:

  1. Welcome Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm also passing along updates at work and everyone wishes you a million congrats! Love you guys!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATONS!!!! So happy for you two. Erin and I send our love, and big hugs and kisses...

    Rod & Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS Laura, Lee and Lily!!!
    We are SO happy for you - you're in our prayers - we love you!!! Can't wait to meet the little rock star - i mean sweet angel!!
    Erin & Rod
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey New Parents!! We are SOOOO thrilled to hear of the healthy and safe arrival of little Lily. She is beautiful! And what a story!!! I can't wait for you both to be able to hold her! Laura, I hope you are recovering nicely and are feeling okay. Please keep me posted on her surgery...I will be saying some prayers! Sounds like you have an incredible team of doctors who will take good care of her. Congrats to you and Lee! With Love, Jenny & George & Boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Lee and Laura! Lily is beautiful. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Little Lily is here! She is so cute, I can't wait to spoil her rotten with tons of George's Candy and gallons of milkshakes from Annie's Carousel!

    Love you guys.

    -Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing story for your little girl's entrance to the world! Lily is lucky to have such an inspirational mom and kind-hearted dad! I can't wait to meet her!

    Love, Mara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a great story that Lily can one day tell her own kids! Welcome, baby girl! You are one lucky girl to have such fabulous parents! Can't wait to meet you!

    Love,
    Christine, Dave, Ava, and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all of you. Lily, I just want you to know that you have chosen a wonderful family to be a member of, I know your life will be full of love, you are a very special blessing. You are all still in my prayers.
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the world, beautiful Lily! I just showed our CICU graduate, who was also born on his due date, Lily's picture and he told me to write "Hi. I love the way you look."

    I am happy and relieved to hear Lily arrived safely, and I will be praying for all of you. You are off to a great start.

    Take care, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Lee and Laura on the birth of your beautiful Lily. May God bless you all and keep you in His care. I agree that Lily is lucky to be born to such woncderful parents!
    Love, the Hartnetts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulatins, Laura, Lee and Lily! We are just delighted for you all! You're absolutely right, all of those names and numbers are not a coincidence - little Lily is part of a beautiful plan!

    You're all in our thoughts and prayers! Congratulations! Erinn, Doug and family

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to our world Miss Lily! It is already a brighter place because you are finally here!!! Katie and I are wondering which combination of numbers Lily will be using for her lacrosse number!With love, Tony, Jane and Katie (a Dr. Zachian miracle too)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura and Lee,

    I just saw your facebook post and read this blog for the first time. What a precious little baby girl- I can't get over the pic's! I'm sure you are both anxious for the surgery and you will all continue to be in my prayers. Little Lily is so blessed to have you as parents and it sounds like she is in great hands at CHOP. Miss you both and sending lots of love your way!!

    -Emily Rothman xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy for all of you. Lilly is perfect and is so lucky to have you two as parents. Can't wait to meet her!!!!

    Kelly irvin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lee & Laura,

    Whoa...sitting here in tears reading the entire blog in its entirety for the first time.....what a journey and what a lucky little girl Lily is to have such wonderful, resilient, strong and loving parents. Great job, Mommy and Daddy!!!

    We can't wait til you're all home and we can drop off loads of hand-me-downs for Lily just perfect for strutting her stuff on St. Charles Place this summer.

    Congrats, awesome job, remember the marathon and forget the sprint.

    We love you and we continue to pray for you.

    Love, the Gallaghers

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! my name is also colleen MCMANUS!!!!! she is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete